Contra Costa County Health Services Department
Director of Family, Maternal & Child Health
Monthly Salary Range: $8,997 - $10,936
The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is offering an excellent employment opportunity for qualified individuals interested in the Director of Family Maternal and Child Health position. The department currently has one vacancy in the Family, Maternal and Child Health (FMCH) program of the Public Health Division located in Concord, CA. You may be required to occasionally travel to different locations throughout Contra Costa County.
The Director of Family, Maternal and Child Health plans, organizes, directs and monitors policies, programs and other activities that integrate and enhance public health services for families, women and children; supervises and directs the work of program managers; represents the Public Health Division in inter-divisional activities; and performs related work as required.
The Family, Maternal and Child Health (FMCH) program is dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of families and children through innovative partnerships with families, community members, county programs and community-based organizations.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Creative! You will solve problems that address urgent, new, and long-lasting challenges.
- Visionary and able to execute well. You will be responsible for maximizing program effectiveness through strategic vision, planning and partnership.
- A strong manager. You will lead and support your team by providing appropriate training, guidance, delegation and coaching.
- A strong communicator. Effectively communicates relevant changes and updates of information related to the scope of the Family, Maternal and Child Health program to both internal and external partners.
- Calm and diplomatic. You will use your strong relational skills to address challenging situations.
you will typically be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, and directing the activities and clinical staff of the Family Maternal and Child Health Program
- Serving as a technical expert and liaison with local health care providers and health department staff
- Training, supervising, and instructing Family Maternal and Child Health Program Staff
- Evaluating staff and program performance
few reasons you might love this job:
- You will gain experience in a broad range of health care issues.
- You will be a contributor toward health equality in our community.
- Subordinates will look to you for leadership and guidance which will allow you to create a cohesive team.
- You will see how your work directly impacts the daily health of Contra Costa County families, women and children.
- You will spend your day with a strong team of people who are dedicated and passionate, and most importantly focusing on Contra Costa County’s common mission and goals to serve our community.
few challenges you might face in this job:
- Challenges may arise which require critical thinking and planning under pressure.
- We are a unionized shop. If you are unfamiliar working with unions, there will be a learning curve.
- There is a lot of problem-solving when issues arise.
Education: Possession of
a Master's degree in Public Health with an emphasis in Maternal and Child
Health from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of full-time or its equivalent experience as a manager of a public health or family health program that included administrative supervision of health care professionals.
Substitutions: 1) Possession of a Master's degree in Public Health and one additional year of qualifying experience may be substituted for the required emphasis in Maternal and Child Health; 2) Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Public Health Administration, Health Care Administration, Health Education or a closely related field, and two years of additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required Master's degree in Public Health.
Closing Date: May 6, 2022
To read the complete job descriptions and apply, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta/jobs/3483691/director-of-family-maternal-and-child-health?page=3&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs or our Careers page at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :