The Manager for Global Community and Public Health Programs is responsible for leading strategy development of Chevron’s Global and Community Health resources and oversees implementation of Chevron high profile Global Public Health communicable/non-communicable disease initiatives including HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria. It is responsible for leveraging Chevron’s corporate and in-country medical resources with national health agencies and international NGOs to effectively address and remediate Chevron employee/family vulnerabilities to these diseases by helping to develop the health infrastructure for all citizens of the countries where Chevron operates.
The position is also responsible for the effective deployment of programs and implementation of strategies for Global Health and Medical and serves as the chief advisor on Health and Medical internal and external strategic communications.
Other duties include organizing and delivering efficient administrative performance across the Global Health and Medical organizations including department-wide goals relating to Organizational Capabilities.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and plan with appropriate stakeholders strategic plans to respond to public health outbreaks that affect business operations and company reputation.
- Consult and coordinate with corporate and in-country HES, PGPA and HR, to insure congruence of efforts in deploying effective health programs that positively impact Chevron Business Units, employees and surrounding communities.
- Partner with Health and Medical’s three Regional Medical Directors and in-country medical departments to create and sustain integrated preventative health resources (education, training, tools) aimed at preventing incidents of communicable and non-communicable disease.
- Recognized subject matter expert by PGPA in contributing to their ongoing efforts to tell the Chevron story on health, informing both globally and locally of Chevron’s concrete steps to promote the health and wellbeing of communities where our employees live and work.
- Recognized Chevron liaison and spokesperson to national and international forums on public health including global NGOs and United States government agencies whose mission is to address worldwide communicable and non-communicable disease issues. (i.e. Washington, DC, office on HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria issues; Also serves as liaison and key contact with White House, State Department Office of AIDS (PEPFAR), as well as key contact for GBC Health.
- Oversee business planning, PDC, and Global Health and Medical leadership team conferences – managing the accountabilities that derive from these planning sessions and ensuring follow through on critical time lines and commitments.
- Serve as the Chief of Staff/Advisor for the General Manager in all matters relating to department reputation, including both external and internal high visibility. Develops high-quality internal and external speeches and other communications for the General Manager and other Global Health and Medical functions. Initiates, develops and coordinates publications and papers for the department. Produces and oversees all Global H&M communications.
- Represents the General Manager and Leadership team in dealing with inter-company agencies and external vendors whose functions directly impact Global Health and Medical’s reputation and ability to deliver quality health services, i.e., Procurement, BRES, Corp HR, Corp Finance, etc.
- BA Degree Required
- Minimum 7 years experience required in a similar capacity
- Experience in leading strategy development of Global Public and Community Health programs and resources
- Experience developing tools and implementation efforts for Global Public and Community Health programs
- Ability to inspire confidence from senior management; strong relationship building skills.
Experience in building and maintaining relationships with high level governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Experience in public health crisis management response
- Experience entering a new and diverse organization at a senior level
- Must have previous experience in management, supervisory skills, mentoring
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills for high level internal and external communications; perceived as a good listener (includes interpersonal skills)
- Experience acting as a spokesperson/liaison with national and international forums including NGOs
- Governmental Agencies and Health Ministries
- Experience in Administration and Business Planning
- Agility in handling multiple demands amidst shifting priorities-effective decision making
- This position requires at least 20% of travel
- Master Public Health preferred
- 10 years experience in a similar capacity
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Preferred Years Of Experience:7 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Academic Discipline:Physical Sciences
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :