Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Project Manager will contribute to the evolution of DFCI's clinical regulatory program. Under the supervision of the Director for Clinical Regulatory Compliance, this experienced professional will serve as a subject matter expert, convene meetings of DFCI managers and leadership, and support projects and programs that ensure continual readiness.
- Supports the Director in managing regulatory and accreditation compliance initiatives. Identifies major phases, implementation steps, key stakeholders, timelines, resource needs and potential obstacles or issues for escalation.
- Provides guidance and assistance to senior leaders, staff and other clinical staff to facilitate the implementation of TJC, DPH and CMS regulations and Conditions of Participation.
- Evaluates the impact of new regulatory requirements as they are released and prepares summaries, recommendations, and actions plans as relevant. Directs implementation of new regulatory requirements and surveys as they arise, actively supporting staff throughout the Institute.
- Compiles Joint Commission readiness reports for the purpose of senior level reporting. Presents analyses to key stakeholder groups independently, as requested.
- Prepares readiness synopses and prepares recommendations for prioritization of decisions to Institute Leadership.
- Coordinates and conducts formal education programs to a variety of constituencies across the Institute, regarding compliance expectations, feedback on readiness efforts, strategies for success and communication strategies.
- Utilizes standard project management tools and summary documents to track and communicate status of projects.
- Collaborates with clinical and operational leadership on the development of recommendations for implementation strategies.
- Assists with clinical and operational leadership forecasting scenarios and managing assignments to ensure project tasks are completed and escalated as needed.
- Manages development of tools, learning aids, standard reports and monitoring plans to promote compliance with standards. Conducts tracing activities and document reviews.
- Collaborates with DFCI leadership and staff as needed for structured review of DFCI departments and services.
- Effectively manages standing and ad hoc meetings, including meetings of DFCI executive leadership and management. Prepares agendas and materials. Facilitates discussions and ensures assignment and completion of action items.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred, preferably in health administration, public health, or a related field. In lieu of master's degree a clinical degree and/or healthcare experience is highly preferred.
- 3 to 8 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of current issues in the healthcare environment required, particularly regarding clinical regulatory compliance, quality measurement, and patient safety.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience.
- Data management and analytic system experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and other database and collaboration tools.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Preferred Years Of Experience:3 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BA
Share On :