The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking a Research Associate to provide support for the ACOG Practice Bulletins Project by reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting information in the scientific literature on current clinical and technological practices in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Critically reviews literature searches provided by the Resource Center and organizes and summarizes results to assist the author in identifying and incorporating the highest quality evidence in manuscript development; coordinates content and timing of literature search requests for topics to be developed
- Applies skills such as the ability to critically review medical literature, and knowledge of research methods and statistics to evaluate data which serves as a basis for clinical practice guideline development; verifies manuscript content to ensure accuracy of evidence described and cited in the manuscript
- Researches additional data and obtains supporting studies by performing and interpreting literature searches through library software packages such as Medline; tracks newly published research and other evidence that may impact the development of guidelines
- Serves as the point of contact with AHRQ in their work to develop systematic reviews, including topic nomination, key question refinement, technical expert nominations and coordination of final report integration into Practice Bulletins
- Maintains adequate electronic files of reference materials and responds to requests for assistance on information related to the topics that have been researched
- Assists the Research Department Manager in the development of evidence profiles for Practice Bulletin topics; This will include making templates, completing data and literature extraction, analysis of research methods and study design as well as designating levels of evidence for references utilized in development of Practice Bulletin publications.
- Interacts with Practice Bulletins staff and consultants as necessary, for special projects or task forces
Bachelors degree is required; Master's degree in Epidemiology, Public Health or other Health Sciences is highly desirable
A minimum of three years of experience with various medical databases, such as Medline are highly preferred
In depth knowledge of research methodology, tenets of evidence-based medicine, statistics, and medical terminology are highly preferred
- Knowledgeable about medical information retrieval, analysis, interpretation, have excellent written and oral communications skills and be knowledgeable about current issues related to women's health
- Ability to organize electronic literature searches accurately and in a timely fashion to present information in a comprehensive and cohesive format
- Ability to work independently, adhere to timetables and prioritize, organize, and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact with a variety of levels of professional personnel
Home to more than 58,000 women's health care professionals, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization leading advancements in women's health. When you become part of the ACOG team, you're part of an organization that values communicating evidence-based, peer-reviewed information about women's health to members and the general public. ACOG supports its members by maintaining authoritative clinical guidance, providing continuing medical education resources, patient education materials and more. Together with our members, we are working to transform the future of women's health by delivering a compelling member experience, supporting the ob-gyn profession, and advocating for improved women's health.
Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Flexible work schedule – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Life Insurance – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings – and more!
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BA,4 Year Degree - BS
Share On :