University of Massachusetts Medical School - Commonwealth Medicine
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Manager or designee, the Sr Healthcare Data Analyst will lead and develop data analyses for assigned projects and develop/deliver all related reports. This position will provide information to leadership regarding state-of-the-art data management systems and opportunities to enhance analyses, system integration and related databases. The Senior Healthcare Data Analyst will utilize subject matter expertise as well as exceptional analytic and consulting skills with a customer service focus to design and deliver analytic products that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Provide oversight of advanced data mining by junior level team members; provide guidance and QA on the data for program/project integrity.
- Lead and guide the development of analyses and produce reports using a variety of healthcare related data which support the development, implementation and monitoring of programs/projects.
- Manipulate and build large datasets from data sources (e.g. claims and encounter data) to support analyses through use of efficient SAS/SQL code which will produce answers to complex business questions.
- Deploy complex qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques utilizing software packages such as SAS, SQL or Atlas.ti.
- Develop project-specific analytic plans, data manipulation and collection efforts; may include: claims analysis, interviews, focus groups, and surveys involving clients, state agency personnel, and other key informants.
- Create testing measures and/or algorithms to test and analyze large amounts of data.
- Oversee the design and development of data collection instruments, databases and procedure manuals based on thorough knowledge of data files, related databases, and systems integration (i.e., knowledge of study populations, types of claims data being analyzed).
- Design and implement data management and quality control procedures, including writing technical requirements and documentation of data sets.
- Prepare and deliver all data analysis reports. Develop and present summary reports, ongoing project evaluations and oral and written presentations as requested by client, stakeholders and senior leaders to better inform decision making
- Provide interpretation of data to key stakeholders and leadership; including identifying and reporting data patterns and abnormalities and presenting analyses of key metrics and trends.
- Responsible for database development and ongoing management to ensure data integrity and accuracy/quality of reporting, as well as report writing functionality.
- Communicate with all appropriate parties to ensure that the project's objectives, scope, and expected deliverables of each project phase are understood. Also responsible for communicating project status, budget, costs, issues, and related information.
- Provide guidance and training to more junior data staff as needed to help ensure accurate and timely completion of deliverables.
- Plan, coordinate, and review activities related to data collection and analysis to meet deadlines.
- Review and monitor compliance with the federal and state regulations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a business, health sciences, or a related field; or equivalent.
- 6-8 years of related experience; including at least three year of healthcare data analysis.
- Advanced knowledge and use of data mining software tools such as SAS, SQL, Business Objects, Cognos or similar.
- Advanced SAS/SQL programming skills.
- Exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience/skills in appropriate computer, statistical or database applications.
- Familiarity with coding systems (i.e., ICD10) and hospital billing systems (DRGs).
- Excellent attention to detail and time management/organization skills to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to research issues and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, journal articles and/ or other technical documents.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact successfully with a wide range of individuals.
- Master's degree in Public Health, Biostatistics, or Informatics.
- In-depth knowledge of pharmacy claims and reimbursement systems
- Knowledge of Medicaid programs or the Massachusetts health care system
- Experience with health services research
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :